What’s Going On In Maricopa Arizona?
What’s Happening in Maricopa County, Arizona?
Phoenix is a rapidly growing city and the capital of the southwestern U.S. state of Arizona. Known for its year-round sun and warmer climate, it boasts the 5th largest multi-city metropolitan area known as the Valley of the Sun. It’s known for high-end spas and resorts, Jack Nicklaus–designed golf courses and vibrant nightclubs. Other highlights include the Desert Botanical Garden, two wildlife zoos, and amusement parks around the Valley. All of this and more is just a short car ride away and will only get closer.
- The cost of living in Phoenix is 4% lower than the Arizona average.
- The cost of living in Phoenix is 7% lower than the national average.
- The cost of housing in Phoenix is 9% lower than the national average.
Further expansion west includes the city of Belmont, AZ. This new concept ‘smart-city’ will be adding 80,000 housing units, retail locations, public schools, and office, retail, and industrial areas. With Arizona’s low-regulation policy, Belmont will be at the forefront of technological testing and advancement, drawing residents from around the country. The new plans also call for a 5-mile corridor of the proposed Interstate 11 expansion running from Phoenix to Las Vegas to cut through Belmont, creating additional opportunities for those in the area.
The area will only continue to grow and expand, making Tonopah right on the edge of the Phoenix of tomorrow.
Local Hot Spots
Attractions & Other Information
There are many places to go and things to see in the area. Among these are:Arizona Chamber Symphony
- Arizona Chamber Symphony
- Arizona Opera (also in Tucson)
- Arizona Science Center
- Desert Botanical Garden
- Chandler Center for the Arts
- Heard Museum of Anthropology and Primitive Arts
- Grady Gammage Auditorium (at ASU)
- Nelson Fine Arts Center (at ASU)
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Phoenix Symphony
- Phoenix Zoo
- Shemer Art Center
- Symphony Hall
- Taliesin West, former summer home of famed architect, Frank Lloyd Wright
SPORTS & RECREATION
Outdoor recreation abounds in the area. Among the offerings are:
- The Arizona Cardinals (NFL Football)
- Phoenix Suns (NBA Basketball)
- Phoenix Mercury (WNBA Basketball)
- Arizona Diamondbacks (Major League Baseball)
- Phoenix Coyotes (NHL Hockey)
- Arizona Rattlers (Arena Football)
- Cactus League (professional baseball spring training)
- Professional golf tournaments during the season
- Phoenix Greyhound Park Racing
- Phoenix International Raceway
- Golf Courses – 25 within 15 minutes
- The Fiesta Bowl
- Sun Devil Stadium